Terms of Service Journey of Peace.com
TheJourneyofPeace.com’s Policy of Non-Violence TheJourneyofPeace.com is for education and discussion purposes only. There is a strict code of conduct for all users of and visitors to TheJourneyofPeace.com, to behave in a peaceful manner, and never to engage in acts of violence. With regards to TheJourneyofPeace.com’s policy of Non-Violence you understand and agree to the following:
- TheJourneyofPeace.com is not responsible for acts of violence by its users, or anyone visiting the site.
- Users of TheJourneyofPeace.com are not to behave in a violent way towards other users or visitors to the site.
- Acts of violence are not to be directed at TheJourneyofPeace.com by its users, or anyone visiting the site.
Content in the Services
All information and media such as: data files, written text, photographs, videos or other images, music, audio files or other sounds and any computer software will henceforth be referred to as “Content”. With regards to Content in the Services you understand and agree to the following:
- Any content which you have access to by using the Services, or as part of using the Services, are the sole responsibility of the individual from where the content originated.
- Advertisements in the Services may be protected by intellectual property rights. These rights are owned by the sponsors or advertisers who are providing the Content to TheJourneyofPeace.com. You are prohibited from modifying, selling, leasing, loaning, renting, distributing or creating derivative works based upon this Content. You are not to do any of the above, in whole or in part. The only circumstance which you may do the above is if you have a separate agreement with TheJourneyofPeace.com, or with the owners of that Content.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com reserves the right to refuse, remove, pre-screen, review, filter, flag or modify, any and all Content from any Service. Although TheJourneyofPeace.com has this right, it also has no obligation to do the above. TheJourneyofPeace.com may provide tools to filter out explicit sexual content for some of its services. For you to limit material that you find offensive there are commercial services and software available on the market.
- In the event that you encounter material, while using the Services, that you find objectionable, offensive or indecent, you understand that you are using the Services at your own risk.
- You are completely responsible for any Content that you create, transmit or display while using the Services. TheJourneyofPeace.com is not responsible to you or any third party for your Content. Nor is TheJourneyofPeace.com responsible for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which TheJourneyofPeace.com may suffer), for any of the Content you create, transmit or display while using the Services.
Personal Information and your Privacy
With regards to your personal information, and your privacy, you understand and agree to the following:
- TheJourneyofPeace.com will use your data in accordance with its privacy policies.
Passwords and your Account Security
With regards to your password(s), you understand and agree to the following:
- Keep confidential the password(s) associated with the account(s) you use to gain access to the Services.
- Be responsible to TheJourneyofPeace.com for all of the activities that take place under your account.
- You will notify TheJourneyofPeace.com immediately, if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account(s).
Your Relationship with TheJourneyofPeace.com
TheJourneyofPeace.com’s software, websites, products and services will be referred to collectively as the “Services”. This excludes any services provided to you by TheJourneyofPeace.com under a separate written agreement. You understand and agree to the following:
- Your use of the Services is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and TheJourneyofPeace.com. TheJourneyofPeace.com means The Journey of Peace, whose principal place of business is at 423 Queen Street West, Unit 106, Toronto, Ontario CANADA, M5V 2A5.
- Your use of the Services will always include, at a minimum, the terms and conditions set forth in this document. These terms and conditions will be referred to as the “Universal Terms”. The Universal Terms apply unless you have a written agreement with TheJourneyofPeace.com stating otherwise.
- Your agreement with TheJourneyofPeace.com also includes the terms of any Legal Notices applicable to the Services. Applicable Legal Notices also apply to the Universal Terms. Below all of these are referred to as “Additional Terms”. Where Additional Terms apply to a Service, they will be accessible for you to read either within, or through your use of that Service.
- With regards to your use of the Services, the Universal Terms along with the Additional Terms, form a legally binding agreement between you and TheJourneyofPeace.com. Please read these terms carefully. This legal agreement is referred to collectively below as the “Terms”
- Additional Terms take precedence, if there is ever a contradiction between what is said in the Additional Terms, and what the Universal Terms say as pertaining to that Service.
Your Acceptance of the Terms
If you want to use the Services, you must agree to the Terms. If you do not agree to, and do not accept the Terms, then you can not use the Services. You accept the Terms by:
- Clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where TheJourneyofPeace.com’s user interface is made available to you for any service: OR
- Use the Service. By using the Service you understand and agree that TheJourneyofPeace.com will acknowledge your use of the Services as your acceptance of the Terms from that point in time onwards.
You are not allowed to use the Services, nor can you accept the Terms if:
- You are not of a legal age to form a binding contract with TheJourneyofPeace.com: OR
- You are barred from receiving TheJourneyofPeace.com’s Services under the laws of Canada, or other countries including the country in which you are a resident, or from which you use the Services.
For your records, you should print off, or save a local copy of the Universal Terms, before proceeding further in the reading of this document. Language of the Terms Your relationship with TheJourneyofPeace.com is governed by the English language terms. You understand and agree to the following:
- Where TheJourneyofPeace.com has provided you with a translation of the English Terms, you agree that the translation is provided for your convenience only.
- If there is ever a contradiction between what the English language version of the Terms say, and what the translation of the Terms say then the English language version of the Terms will take precedence.
rovision of the Services by TheJourneyofPeace.com
With regards to the provision of Service by TheJourneyofPeace.com, you understand and agree to the following:
- Subsidiaries and affiliated legal entities of TheJourneyofPeace.com may occasionally provide Services to you on behalf of TheJourneyofPeace.com.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com tries to provide the best possible experience to its users through constant innovation. Therefore the form and nature of the Services which TheJourneyofPeace.com provides can change from time to time, without prior notice.
- Because of this continuing innovation, TheJourneyofPeace.com may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users in general, at TheJourneyofPeace.com’s discretion.
- If TheJourneyofPeace.com disables your account access, you may be prevented from accessing your account details, files, other content contained in your account, or the Services.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com does not have a fixed upper limit, but may set at any time, and at its own discretion, a fixed upper limit. This fixed upper limit can limit the number of transmissions you send, or receive through the Services, or the amount of storage space used for the provision of any Service.
Use of the Services by You
With regard to the use of the Services, you understand and agree to the following:
- To never engage in any activities that interferes with the operation of, or disrupts the Services, or the servers and networks connected to the Services
- You are solely responsible for any breach of your obligations under the Terms, and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which TheJourneyofPeace.com may suffer) of any such breach. TheJourneyofPeace.com has no responsibility to you, or to any third party, for any breach of your obligations under the Terms. TheJourneyofPeace.com is not responsible for the consequences, if you breach the terms.
- As part of the registration process, so that you can access certain Services, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact information). This providing of information, can also apply as part of your continued use of the Services. You agree to provide registration information to TheJourneyofPeace.com that is accurate, correct and up to date.
- You use the Services only for the purposes that are allowed by:
- the Terms
- applicable law(s)
- applicable regulations
- generally accepted guidelines and practices in relevant jurisdictions.
This also pertains to any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from Canada, or other relevant countries.
- You are not to access, or attempt to access any of the Services unless it is through the interface that is provided by TheJourneyofPeace.com. You can only access TheJourneyofPeace.com by another interface if you have permission under a separate agreement with TheJourneyofPeace.com. You agree not to access, or attempt to access any of the Services through any automated means. This includes the use of scripts or web crawlers. You agree to follow the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present on the Services.
- You are not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose. You are only permitted to do so if you have permission in a separate written agreement with TheJourneyofPeace.com.
With regard to Proprietary Rights you understand and agree that:
- Nothing in the Terms gives you the right to use any of TheJourneyofPeace.com’s trade marks, trade names, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features, unless you have a written agreement with TheJourneyofPeace.com.
- If you have obtained a separate written agreement with TheJourneyofPeace.com, for the explicit right to use any of these brand features, then you agree that your use of such features shall be in compliance with that agreement. You must comply with any applicable provisions of the Terms, and TheJourneyofPeace.com’s brand feature use guidelines, as updated from time to time.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com (or TheJourneyofPeace.com’s licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in, and to the Services. This includes any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Services, whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist. The Services may contain information which is designated confidential by TheJourneyofPeace.com, and that you shall not disclose such information without prior written consent from TheJourneyofPeace.com.
- Other than the limited license set forth in Section 11, TheJourneyofPeace.com acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, transmit, display on, or post through, the Services. This includes any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). You are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that TheJourneyofPeace.com has no obligation to do so on your behalf, unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with TheJourneyofPeace.com.
- You shall not alter, obscure or remove any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trade mark notices) which may be affixed to, or contained within the Services.
- You are not to do any of the following unless you have written authorization from TheJourneyofPeace.com to: use any trade mark, trade name, service mark, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos
License from TheJourneyofPeace.com
With regards to the license given to you by TheJourneyofPeace.com, you understand and agree that:
- This is a personal, royalty-free, worldwide, non-assignable and non-exclusive license, to use the software provided by TheJourneyofPeace.com as part of the Services, as provided to you by TheJourneyofPeace.com. These services are referred to as the “Software” below. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you, in the manner permitted by the Terms, to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services, as provided by TheJourneyofPeace.com.
- You are not allowed to, nor are you allowed to permit anyone else to reverse engineer, decompile, create a derivative work of, copy, modify, or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Software or any part thereof. The exception to this is when it is expressly permitted or required by law, or you have a written agreement with TheJourneyofPeace.com permitting you to engage in such activity.
- You are not allowed to assign (or grant a sub-license of) your rights to use the Software, grant a security interest in or over your rights to use the Software, or otherwise transfer any part of your rights to use the Software, unless you have specific written permission to do so, from TheJourneyofPeace.com.
Content License from You
You grant TheJourneyofPeace.com a license to use the materials you post, display and transmit through the Services to enable TheJourneyofPeace.com to display, promote and distribute the Services. You understand and agree to the following:
- By submitting, displaying or posting the content, you give TheJourneyofPeace.com a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, publish, publicly perform, publicly display adapt, modify, translate, and distribute any Content which you transmit through the Services.
- You retain your copyright, and any other rights which you already hold to Content which you submit, display or post on or through the Services.
- This license may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.
- You confirm and warrant to TheJourneyofPeace.com that you have all rights, authority and power needed to grant the above license.
- This license includes a right for TheJourneyofPeace.com to make such Content available to other companies, organization or individuals with whom TheJourneyofPeace.com has relationships. This is for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.
- This license allows that TheJourneyofPeace.com may do the following in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users:
- Transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media AND
- Transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media AND
- Make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media.
With regard to software updates you understand and agree to the following:
- Software which you use may automatically download and install updates from TheJourneyofPeace.com
- Updates are meant to improve, enhance and further develop the Services. They may take the form of new software modules, enhanced functions, completely new versions or bug fixes.
- You will receive updates and accept delivery of updates from TheJourneyofPeace.com, as part of your use of the Services.
Ending Your Relationship with TheJourneyofPeace.com
If you decide to end your relationship with TheJourneyofPeace.com you understand and agree to the following:
- The Terms continue to apply until terminated by you or TheJourneyofPeace.com as stated below.
- To terminate your legal agreement with TheJourneyofPeace.com you can do so in the following ways:
- You notify TheJourneyofPeace.com at any time AND
- Close your accounts for all of the Services you use where TheJourneyofPeace.com has made the option available to you.
- You send written notice to TheJourneyofPeace.com’s address which is set out at the beginning of these terms.
TheJourneyofPeace.com can terminate its legal agreement at any time with you for the following reasons:
- You have breached any provision of the Terms.
- You have acted in a manner which clearly demonstrates that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the Terms.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com is required to terminate your relationship by law in the case where provision of the Services to you is or becomes against the law.
- The partner through whom TheJourneyofPeace.com offered the Services to you has terminated its relationship with TheJourneyofPeace.com or ceased to offer the Services to you.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com is transitioning to no longer providing the Services to users in the country in which you are a resident, or from which you use the Services.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com becomes of the opinion that provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable.
- Nothing in this Section shall affect TheJourneyofPeace.com’s rights regarding provision of Services under Section 4 of the Terms.
- All of the legal rights, liabilities and obligations that you and TheJourneyofPeace.com have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation. The provisions of the final paragraph in the section entitled General Legal Terms, shall continue to apply to such rights, liabilities and obligations indefinitely.
Exclusion of Warranties
Nothing in these terms, including Exclusion of Warranties and Limitation of Liability, shall exclude or limit TheJourneyofPeace.com’s warranty or liability for losses which may not be lawfully excluded or limited by applicable law. In some Jurisdictions the following may not be allowed:
- Exclusion of certain warranties or conditions
- The limitation or exclusion of liability for loss or damage caused by negligence
- Breach of contract or breach of implied terms
- Incidental or consequential damages
Only limitations which are lawful in your jurisdiction will apply to you. Our liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- You understand and agree that your use of the Services is provided “as is” and “as available”. You use it at your sole risk.
- Your requirements will be meet by you using the Services
- Your use of the Services will be timely, secure uninterrupted or free from error
- Use of the services by you to obtain any information will be accurate or reliable AND
- Corrections will be made to any defects in the operation or functionality of any software provided to you as part of the Services
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Services is done at your own discretion and risk. If any damage occurs to your computer system or other device due to the result of downloading material, you will be solely responsible for any damage.
- No information or advice, obtained by you from TheJourneyofPeace.com (in either written or oral form), from or through the services shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms. This applies whether the information obtained is in written or oral form.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com further expressly disclaims all conditions and warranties of any kind, whether implied or express including, but not limited to the implied conditions and warranties of non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement and merchantability.
TheJourneyofPeace.com, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its licensors do not represent or warrant to you that:
Limitation of Liability
Subject to overall provision in the first paragraph in the Exclusion of Warranties section above, you expressly understand and agree that TheJourneyofPeace.com, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its licensors shall not be liable to you for the following:
- Any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but not be limited to, any loss of business reputation or goodwill, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly) any cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, loss of data suffered, or other intangible loss;
- Any loss or damage which may be incurred by you, including but not limited to loss or damage as a result of:
- Any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy, or existence of any advertising, or as a result of any transaction or relationship between you and any sponsor or advertiser whose advertising appears on the services;
- Any changes which TheJourneyofPeace.com may make to the Services, or for any temporary or permanent cessation in the provision of the Services (or any features within the Services);
- The corruption of, failure to store or deletion of, any content and other communications data, transmitted or maintained by or through your use of the services;
- Business reputation because of your failure to provide accurate account information to TheJourneyofPeace.com
- Your failure to keep confidential and secure your password or account details.
- The limitations on TheJourneyofPeace.com’s liability to you, as stated in the above paragraphs of the Limitation of Liability section, shall apply whether or not TheJourneyofPeace.com has been advised of, or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
Copyright and Trade Mark Policies
With regard to copyright and trade mark policies, you understand and agree that:
- It is TheJourneyofPeace.com’s policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable international intellectual property law. In the United States this includes the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Repeat infringers will have their accounts terminated. For more details see TheJourneyofPeace.com’s policy at.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com has a trade mark complaints procedure regarding TheJourneyofPeace.com’s advertising business. Details can be found a.
With regards to advertisements you understand and agree to the following:
- The Services in some cases are supported by advertising revenue. Advertisements and promotions may be displayed, and the nature of the advertisements may be aimed towards the content of information stored on the Services, the queries made through the Services, or other information.
- The extent, manner, or mode of advertising by TheJourneyofPeace.com on the Services is subject to change without notice to you.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com may place such advertising on the Services, in consideration of TheJourneyofPeace.com granting you access to, and use of the Services.
By other content, TheJourneyofPeace.com means that the Services may include hyperlinks to other content, resources or web sites. With regards to other content, you understand and agree to the following:
- TheJourneyofPeace.com has no control over any web sites or resources which are provided by any company or person other than TheJourneyofPeace.com
- TheJourneyofPeace.com is not responsible for the availability of these external sites or resources.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com does not endorse any of the advertising, products or materials on or available from these external web sites.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as the result of the availability of those external sites or resources.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com is not liable as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from such web sites or resources.
Changes to the Terms
By Terms TheJourneyofPeace.com is referring to the Universal Terms or the Additional Terms. With regard to the Terms, you understand and agree to the following:
- Upon occasion, TheJourneyofPeace.com can make changes to the Universal Terms or the Additional Terms. TheJourneyofPeace.com will make a new copy of the Universal Terms available at the following URL address.
- Changes to the Additional Terms will be made available within, or through the affected Services.
- Your use of the Services will be treated by TheJourneyofPeace.com as your acceptance of the updated Universal Terms or Additional Terms, even if you use the Services after the date on which the Universal Terms or Additional Terms have been updated
General Legal Terms
With regards to general legal terms, you understand and agree with the following:
- If you use the Services to purchase goods, use a service, or download a piece of software which is provided by another person, company or service, which you have found because you are using the Services, then you must comply with the separate terms of that person, company or service. If you do so then the Terms do not affect your legal relationship with these other persons, companies or services.
- The Terms constitute the entire legal agreement between you and TheJourneyofPeace.com, and govern your use of the Services. The only exception to this is, if you use any services which TheJourneyofPeace.com may provide to you under a separate written agreement. The Terms entirely replace any prior agreements which you may have with TheJourneyofPeace.com in relation to the Services.
- TheJourneyofPeace.com may provide you with notices. These notices may include changes to the terms. Notices may be delivered by email, regular mail or postings on the Services.
- It will not be taken as a waiver of TheJourneyofPeace.com’s rights if TheJourneyofPeace.com does not enforce or exercise any legal right or remedy contained in the Terms. This also applies to a situation where TheJourneyofPeace.com has the benefit of, under any applicable law. TheJourneyofPeace.com can avail itself to those rights or remedies.
- If a court of law having the jurisdiction to decide on a matter rules, that any of the provisions in the Terms are not valid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms. A provision removed will not affect the rest of the Terms. The rest of the Terms remain valid and enforceable.
- Every member of the group of companies, of which TheJourneyofPeace.com is the parent, is a third party beneficiary to the Terms. These other companies are entitled to directly enforce, and rely upon any provision of the Terms which bestows a benefit upon, or rights in favor of them. Except for these companies, no other person or company shall be a third party beneficiary to the Terms.
- The Terms and your relationship with TheJourneyofPeace.com under these Terms will be governed by the laws of. This happens without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. In the event of a conflict, you and TheJourneyofPeace.com agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located at in order to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms. TheJourneyofPeace.com can still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies, or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief, in any jurisdiction.